Group Product Manager, International Expansion
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the International Expansion team
We were founded to make money work for everyone! With that in mind, Monzo is expanding internationally! You will help build market-specific products that will shape the future of banking in these regions.
As a Group PM you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team to set big, ambitious goals for an entire product area, and have the freedom to decide how to meet them. You’ll operate with autonomy and have a massive impact on our customers’ lives and Monzo’s success.
What you’ll work on
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop and deliver a product strategy for the next phase of international expansion, including building a deep understanding of customer needs and market opportunities, and how we’ll differentiate ourselves and grow
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across the organisation, including the wider product teams, company leadership, finance, marketing, compliance, legal, regulatory affairs and more to get alignment and support for the strategy
- Work closely with growth and marketing teams to re-position and launch new features in key markets.
- Balance work to create long-term growth, and work to hit short-term growth targets.
- Build 0-1 products, features, and GTM strategies for new markets to guarantee customers there have the same wonderful experience as those in the UK!
- You’ve got 7+ years track record of shipping successful, customer-centric digital products in a fast growing company
- You have experience with global products across different markets, cultures, and languages
- Zero-to-one experience on a consumer product (ideally a regulated one like financial services, healthcare, or similar)
- You'll have a founder mindset and take ownership of your work!
- You have worked with Marketing to successfully launch new features.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide range of audiences, and in a structured way
- You have the urge and resilience to challenge the status quo and make things better
- You can systematically break down and then solve complex problems (for customers and the business)
- You’re comfortable with numbers, can ground your thinking in analysis, can identify key metrics and their drivers and evaluate the success of your work
- You’re able to motivate, energise and inspire people towards a common goal
- You can work effectively with a diverse range of people and working styles to get stuff done, and are able to thoughtfully and constructively challenge and influence the people you work with
- You’re able to quickly build trust and manage disagreement
- You’re excited by the ambition of what we’re doing at Monzo and personal finance in general
- You’re a fast learner, humble and curious, and enjoy developing yourself and others
Nice to Haves;
- You have experience preparing products for global expansion by making the design flexible and easy to adjust for different markets.
- GTM experience
- Payments & core banking experience
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
Recruiter Call (30 mins) - Once you apply, one of our Recruiters will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
Initial Chat (60 mins) - This will be an introductory conversation with the hiring manager for this role. We would love for you to do a short presentation on a project that you have led, ideally from inception to delivery, involving launching in a new market.
Product Loop (2 hours and 45mins) - This stage consists of 3 separate interviews that usually happen across 1-2 days. This will be made up of 2 X Case Studies and a Behavioural interview. If you get through to this stage, your Recruiter will have a 20-minute chat with you beforehand to help you get ready and prepare for this stage.
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our Product Managers has written a detailed blog on their experience through this process, for extra details, hints and tips please see 'My first 3 months at Monzo as a Product Manager'
What’s in it for you:
💰 £90k - £135k ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the certain EU locations (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.