Technical Program Manager(SAP), Fixed Term Contract
1 year Fixed Term Contract📍London or Remote (UK) | 💰 £101,000 to £150,000 + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
Technical Programme Management at Monzo
This is a 1 year fixed term contract to be the TPM driving a significant ERP migration project. This role will work closely with finance, engineering and other cross-functional teams.
Technical Programme Managers (TPM) at Monzo lead the planning and execution of technical work that spans multiple cross-functional teams. Our engineering teams are mission-driven, and typically include Product Managers, Engineers as well as Data Scientists, Designers and subject matter experts relevant to that mission.
TPMs act both as air traffic controllers, ensuring programmes have plans, are progressing, and potential issues identified and proactively addressed. But as a Technical Programme Manager, you also play a part in ensuring technical plans are well formed, meet the needs of the business and fundamentally that we’re delivering impact to customers.
The job will entail
- Constructing plans for executing a major ERP migration project. This work is complex, cross-disciplinary and cross-organisation.
- Ensure plans meet the requirements of the business and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance, policy, and legal input is factored into all stages of programme
- Work with engineering teams to create schedules, set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify + address potential challenges before they occur
- Manage communication within and between teams, and represent plans at governance forums and to senior management
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including technical proposals, test and rollout plans
- Maintain documentation on the status of the project
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features
- Identify resources necessary to successful delivery of programmes
You should apply if
- You are a technical individual who has demonstrable experience delivering similar ERP migration projects.
- You have domain knowledge in finance and accounting, and experience in supply chain management.
- Knowledge in core banking systems is a bonus.
- You have delivery experience and are able to guide engineering teams in achieving their outcomes.
- You focus on outcomes over processes and you optimise for the highest impact and leverage.
- You're able to input and understand engineering decisions and advocate for alternatives
- You have a natural ability to inspire and motivate a team
- You can context switch and work across multiple streams at the same time
The interview process
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
A 30 min intro with a member of our recruitment team.
A 1 hour call with someone from our senior engineering leadership team. We’ll ask you questions about your current and previous roles, as well as examples of technical programme delivery.
A 2 stage final-round interview, including a technical deep dive into a previous programme you’ve led as well as a technical exercise.
We may follow up with a final stage interview, to discuss any feedback before making a final decision.
At all stages we’ll create space for you to ask as many questions as you have, you’re interviewing us as well!
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £101,000 to £150,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.