Operations Lead, Disputes
📍Remote | 💰 £65,000 - £85,000 + Benefits
About us 🚀
Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
As Disputes Operations Lead, you'll work as part of the Customer Operations Team, leading a team of Mastercard Disputes Specialists and Operation Managers, with oversight of Disputes COps within Customer Operations (COps).
What you'll be working on:
- Effectively managing a team made up of Mastercard Disputes Specialists and Operations Managers, executing the disputes policy and delivering great service efficiently, against all key goals and performance indicators.
- Ensuring that the Disputes Operations team deliver a service that is compliant with our policies and standards, meets scheme rules and adheres to all relevant regulations
- Working hand-in-hand with the Disputes risk team, as a critical friend to our policy owners, to ensure that customers are at the heart of our approach to disputed transactions and effectively influencing change
- Interpreting performance data confidently and using this information to drive operational improvements
- Leading and executing on core projects from end to end. You’ll be the go-to person in Disputes Operations and drive innovative change through your direct team and a wider group of stakeholders
- Leading by example. You’ll be a customer advocate in all you do and build a culture that your team is proud to be a part of, by owning and influencing engagement and development across the whole operation
- Managing team rituals, planning meetings and retrospectives - making sure the information flow in and out of the team is easy and effective
You should apply if:
- You have a deep understanding of how operational teams serve Disputes (Mastercard), and understand how important they are to customers, ideally in a regulated, fast paced environment, with large customer base.
- Those with FinCrime or Fraud Operations Lead experience may be closely aligned to this role also.
- You have experience of managing a highly effective operation, by setting out a vision and managing to it
- You’ll have experience working alongside risk and policy owners
- Proven track record of end to end project delivery and experience in leading through change
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships
- Strong leadership and proven people management experience
- Strong ability to coach and develop teams and individuals to achieve and maintain targets
- Strong communications skills and be able to deliver business wide messages in line with our values to ensure messages have landed with clarity
- Experience in identifying performance trends using data to solve problems and identify opportunities
- Ability to provide specific actionable feedback to a wide range of audiences and levels
- Ability to create and execute against goals and supporting OKRs
- Advanced skills in planning and organisation with the ability to re-prioritise workload and be able to effectively deal with change at short notice
- Fluency in MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools and the ability to adapt to learn new systems and processes
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- CV and application questions
- Recruiter Call
- Technical Interview, and if successful you will be invited to a
- Final stage Values interview
Please note that we reserve the right to close this advert at any time if we feel we have had a healthy response to meet our requirements.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £65,000 - £85,000 salary range ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.