Credit Risk Oversight Manager
📍London or Remote (UK) | 💰 £60,000 - 80,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits | Hear from the team ✨
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Team:
Our Prudential Risk team is growing and we’re looking for a Credit Risk Oversight Manager to join us within the second line of defence (2LoD) Risk team.The 2LoD Credit Risk team provides support and oversight to our colleagues in Borrowing to help Monzo grow safely. We’re looking for someone with retail credit risk experience (including business lending) who likes getting into the details, analysing data and providing constructive challenge.
Your day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Analysing and monitoring the existing lending products performance, including developing and enhancing performance metrics
- Supporting the new credit product launches and working closely with the first line of defence to make sure the lending products remains within the defined Risk Appetite
- Leading second line assurance work of the lending portfolio such as challenging the underwriting strategy changes or thematic reviews
- Maintaining Credit Risk Framework and making sure it is update to with regulations and Monzo’s operating practices
- Preparing management information (MI) for the executive-level Risk Council and Board-level Risk Committee
- Supporting 2nd line Enterprise Framework changes and successful Monzo-wide implementation of the framework
- Making risk meaningful and interesting to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice whilst adapting the language you use to speak about risk so that it is easy for everyone to understand
- Taking a sensitive, balanced approach to risk management, and making sure managing risks becomes part of each first-line person’s day to day work
You should apply if:
- You have experience of retail credit risk or business lending including industry practices for loans, overdrafts and other short-term lending products such as BNPL
- You’re great at analysing data, building graphs and looking for early indicators of trends
- You can summarise your analysis into the salient key points and explain it to others in plain English
- You’re passionate about technology, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
It is a bonus if you have:
- Business lending experience
- Have worked in collection and recovery strategies
- Technical skills such as SQL, Python or Reporting tools
- Understand how credit risk scorecards are used to make credit decisions
- Are familiar with how credit reference agencies work
- Are familiar with the FCA’s consumer credit sourcebook (CONC)
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter call
- Initial call
- Full interview loop
Our average process takes around 4-6 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this, please contact us on email@example.com.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £60,000 - 80,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role will be based in our London office or remotely (within the UK)
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.