Regulatory Affairs Analyst, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
📍London or Remote (UK) | 💰 £40,000 - 60,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits | Hear from the team ✨
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Team:
We’re looking for a pragmatic, organised and personable individual to strengthen our Regulatory Affairs team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The Regulatory Affairs team is the central team responsible for maintaining open and collaborative relationships with our regulators. In the Regulatory Affairs team, you’ll support and strengthen Monzo’s regulatory relationships and work closely with Executives to help shape our vision and regulatory affairs strategy as Monzo continues to grow. For Regulatory Affairs this means ensuring our regulators are kept informed, managing regulatory requests and educating colleagues on the regulatory landscape.
We operate a “three lines of defence” model of risk management at Monzo. In this role, you’ll be sitting in the second line as part of our Risk and Compliance team.
Your day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Managing PRA and FCA meetings, reviews and requests working closely with senior management and stakeholders throughout the business to prepare and advise them on how best to meet regulatory expectations
- Managing the regulatory engagement calendar, meeting record keeping, and coordinating and tracking of regular reporting and recurring tasks owned by the Regulatory Affairs Team
- Owning the coordination and tracking of regulatory deliverables, deadlines and activities ensuring stakeholders are held accountable.
- Communication of regulatory expectations and messages in an understandable way to a diverse range of stakeholders across Monzo
- Building Regulatory Affairs procedures, processes and documentation for the team in a scalable and sustainable way
- Being a champion of risk and compliance and building respectful and collaborative relationships with all levels of stakeholders across the business.
You should apply if:
- You have experience of working in a compliance or regulatory affairs function within a regulated financial services environment, or in a regulatory affairs/ liaison team within another regulated environment
- You understands the objectives of the FCA and PRA and the financial services regulatory environment, and can understand and communicate regulatory expectations in a pragmatic way
- You think constructively and can apply a solutions focused mindset, with an appropriate level guidance and support
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deliver messages succinctly and produce high quality written documents for the regulator
- You are able to work independently, within clear parameters and frameworks set, and with changing priorities
- You are able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams and across stakeholders of varying seniority
- You are self-motivated, organised and focused on executing at pace and to a high standard
- You are highly organised and confident in coordinating multiple regulatory meetings, requests and deliverables at any one time
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter call
- Initial call
- Full interview loop
Our average process takes around 4-6 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this, please contact us on email@example.com.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £40,000 - 60,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role will be based in our London office or remotely (within the UK)
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.