Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
Responsible for managing the internal service process and relationships for assigned property and casualty client companies.
Come join Newfront’s Commercial Risk Unit! We are a smart, dynamic, and fun-loving group privileged to be working with some of the most innovative companies across the world. We provide risk management guidance to companies across multiple industries...There’s something new every day! We promote from within whenever possible and are committed to the professional development of our team members, providing time and funding for courses and seminars. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time hybrid role located in Chicago, IL. Requires seasonal or intermittent traveling to visit clients and prospects.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Support multi-tier serviced accounts under an Account Executive/Senior Account Manager and supervising an Account Coordinator/Senior Account Coordinator.
- Work with Account Executive and service team to design, execute and track strategy for each client.
- Independently manage client relationships and accounts from $1MM to $2MM in volume revenue.
- Act as first and primary client point of contact to provide day-to-day service by responding to client questions and requests.
- Develop, analyze, and implement competitive insurance programs, providing various alternatives for client consideration. Prepare market, quote rates for renewals and new business.
- Manages creation of proposals, program summaries, and other client specific deliverables.
- Manage the onboarding process of new clients.
- Manage the marketing process for prospect companies.
- Aggregates client renewal information and create customized submission for underwriters.
- Communicate and collaborate with producers, clients and underwriters to obtain information, quote rates, prepare proposals, or service existing accounts.
- Ability to conduct meetings independently with clients, when necessary, for ongoing service strategy execution.
- Current on coverage forms, insurance carriers, industry trends, and legislation.
- Maintain current files and prepare policy renewal questionnaires, recommending coverage enhancements. Review, evaluate, rate and market Commercial Insurance applications and documents for accuracy.
- Compile and organize all client information necessary to process new, renewal, cancellation and endorsements.
- Perform thorough contract reviews for clients.
- Perform database file management and input information. Accurately manage and maintain documents in agency management systems.
- May manage and/or train the next level down.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of brokerage experience.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
- CPCU, ARM, CEBS or other professional insurance designations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its more complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and client needs.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to review internal/external deliverables to ensure accuracy.
- Intermediate project planning and management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $74,900 and $93,600/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
See more open positions at Newfront
Something looks off?