Senior Sales Representative
Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
The Senior Sales Representative is responsible for creating sales and business retention strategies that align with client and practice specific goals. This includes distribution channel management and managing referral activity associated with assigned clients.
From the Team: We are a group of fun and innovative professionals, that pool our collective talents to produce something truly extraordinary. The opportunities that our team will generate in the future as our business expands, will provide significant opportunities for team member growth. One of the most exciting things about this job is the opportunity to create your own unique strategies for success and be rewarded for your outstanding performance. Successful employees are proactive, forward thinking, and solution oriented. These are key ingredients to success within this position. Strategic thinkers who excel at building and leveraging relationships would be a great fit for this role.
Newfront is a team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits, and retirement programs for our clients. The Wholesale Benefit Practice Division, Advanced Professionals Insurance and Benefit Solutions (AP), is a practice that provides exceptional service, sound advice, and professional benefit consulting to plan sponsors, product distributors, and insurance carriers. As a General Agent, we are credible, passionate, and innovative. We value our trusted relationships with our plan sponsors, carrier business partners, and our product distributors.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales and is a full-time, exempt role and is located in Newfront's Office in Seattle, WA. Initially this role will be onsite, with the option to work into a hybrid remote schedule.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Be the primary sales contact within the Wholesale Benefits Team for assigned product distributors and responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with product distributors including their support and service teams.
- Responsible for coordinating with team leaders to address needs and deliverables.
- Develops the strategic sales and business retention vision related to AP’s benefit programs.
- Manage product distribution by establishing sales and retention goals and creating unique strategies with each distributor to facilitate success.
- Collect and utilize marketplace intelligence for the purpose of plan design recommendations, new product/service components, and targeted sales initiatives.
- Develop and manage the sales strategy to ensure that it is efficient, accurate, and measurable.
- May be assigned other responsibilities and tasks as needed to support strategic vision of the client.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation and comfortable with engaging c-suite level professionals.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advanced complexities of features. SalesForce experience a plus.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to create and execute sales strategies.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at project planning and time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of industry knowledge and the ability to analyze data.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a sales function.
- Benefits experience required.
- Prior experience in sales and/or managing product distribution.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must have or acquire within three months of employment a WA State Life and Health License.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $ 83,600 and $104,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.