Senior QA Engineer
Teya exists to make sure that every small and growing business in Europe has the opportunity to thrive. We want to become Europe’s go-to software solution for these businesses, simplifying their every day and helping them reconnect with the joy of running their business. Teya was born in 2019 and is home to over 2,000 employees in 15+ countries. We've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment that is dedicated to bringing the best solutions to customers.
You will work with a diverse team to help shape the future of our engineering department. You will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, with direct access to a wealth of customer feedback.
Your team will use technologies such as Java, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Spring Boot, Hibernate, gRPC, Docker and AWS to write maintainable, performant and quality code. We focus on continuous deployment and iterative delivery, to ensure that our code runs reliably on the company infrastructure, allowing you to focus on delivering value to merchants in a fluid manner.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and improve every day by taking ownership of their role and responsibilities. We are looking for individuals with a strategic and analytical mindset and a vision for the future. You will have an understanding of acquiring processes such as clearing/settling and how payments work in general.
Above all, we require someone who harbours the ambition to grow with the company. You will be exposed to the entirety of our business, and it is up to you to carve your path. The entrepreneurial spirit lies in the heart of our culture – we are seeking self-starters to take ownership of problems they observe and tackle them creatively.
On a regular day as a Senior QA Engineer, you will:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Communicate professionally at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Support, design, develop, and enhance test processes and reporting for QA processes
- Mentor and provide training assistance to Associate QA Engineers
- 5+ years work experience in software quality assurance
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools or equivalent automation skills
- You have strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes and testing life cycle
- You have experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with web-based application testing and integration testing between applications
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- You are fluent in English
- We trust you, so we offer flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team;
- Private Health Insurance;
- 25 days of Annual leave (+ Public Holidays);
- 3 Health Days annually;
- Frequent team events & activities in the office and outside;
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- You’ll get a competitive salary and you will join the Universal Stock Option Plan (USOP) from your first day. The USOP gives all employees the chance to be actual company owners.;
- Snacks in the office;
- Friday lunch in the office;
- Parking place near the office;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment.
Teya is for forward-thinkers and change-makers. We give greater priority to a growth mindset and the desire to learn over experience. We put our people first and focus on giving them the opportunities and challenges that foster personal growth. To build high-performing teams, we’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join us.
All CVs and supporting documents must be submitted in English.
Something looks off?