Senior Software Engineer
Teya exists to make sure that every small and growing business in Europe has the opportunity to thrive. We want to become Europe’s go-to software solution for these businesses, simplifying their every day and helping them reconnect with the joy of running their business. Teya was born in 2019 and is home to over 2,000 employees in 15+ countries. We've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment that is dedicated to bringing the best solutions to customers.
You will work with a diverse team to help shape the future of our Engineering Department. You will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, with direct access to a wealth of customer feedback.
You may use technologies such as Go, Java, Python, Kotlin, C#, to write maintainable, performant and high-quality code. We focus on continuous deployment and iterative delivery, to ensure that our code runs reliably on our infrastructure, allowing you to focus on delivering value to merchants in a fluid manner.
On a regular day as a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Write clean, secure, and well-tested code to solve business problems;
- Build tools and integrate systems to scale the effectiveness of products across the business;
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within the team and across the organisation to achieve the team’s goals;
- Continuously work to improve while being empathetic and considerate with others;
- Act as a full life cycle Software Engineer, meaning be able to do code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and release.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer;
- You enjoy serving as a mentor and supporter for fellow developers and team-mates;
- You have experience with relational and non-relational databases;
- You are well-versed in using Containers for packaging your application;
- You can set up effective CI/CD pipelines;
- You can effectively use Git or other distributed SCM;
- You have worked with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban;
- You have previous experience in the Payments Industry would be a plus;
- You can operate services that the team builds while identifying opportunities for improvements and keeping to the agreed levels of service.
- We trust you, so we offer flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team;
- Competitive salary and enrollment in the Universal Company Stock Option Plan (USSOP) from your first day. The USSOP gives all employees the chance to be fellow company owners;
- Physical and mental health support through our partnership with GymPass giving free access to over 1,500 gyms in the UK, 1-1 therapy, meditation sessions, digital fitness and nutrition apps;
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme;
- Health and Life Insurance;
- Pension Scheme;
- 25 days of Annual Leave (+ Bank Holidays);
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- Office snacks every day;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment in Central London.
Teya is for forward-thinkers and change-makers. We give greater priority to a growth mindset and the desire to learn over experience. We put our people first and focus on giving them the opportunities and challenges that foster personal growth. To build high-performing teams, we’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join us.
All CVs and supporting documents must be submitted in English.
Something looks off?