Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Developer Advocate you will:
- Serve as the primary technical resource for external developers building integrations with the Toast platform
- Provide developers with detailed feedback on bugs, compliance issues, and how to align with development best practices
- Work with our business development, partner product marketing, and customer success teams to move integration projects through the pipeline to launch
- Create and evolve the resources (tools, documentation, processes) necessary to ensure a delightful developer experience
- Synthesize partner and customer feedback on Toast’s APIs and products, and present business case-based recommendations to the appropriate product management teams
- Provide broad support to the partner ecosystem to share the value of integrating into the Toast Partner Ecosystem.
- Highly analytical and can quickly identify the root cause of issues by digging through API logs and source code.
- Thorough understanding of REST APIs and working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Skilled at prioritizing and organizing multiple streams of work and can independently manage complex technical projects within a dynamic environment
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Motivated by customer and partner delight
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Knowledge of JIRA and working experience with Agile/SCRUM teams
- Familiarity with standard code release processes
- Experience with SQL, Looker, and Splunk.
- 2 years of applicable experience in a partner or customer-facing roles, such as Technical Support or Developer Relations
- Experience building and enabling communities
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?