Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Data Insights Analyst will serve as the primary analytical resource for leaders in the business, dive into our rich data to produce valuable insights, and provide context to drive business and product decisions. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers, finding ways to work efficiently, and excellent business judgment. S/he is interested in measuring product experience and performance from the lens of both external and internal customers. S/he should have a demonstrated ability to break down complex problems, deliver recommendation driving incremental and nonlinear improvements, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Build tools/dashboards to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow business leaders to quickly and accurately see how our products and processes are performing
- Use SQL and LookML to create Looker dashboards to help stakeholders visualize and understand the business at both a high and detailed level ○ Requires a deep understanding of our SQL table infrastructure, as well as a keen insight into what metrics your stakeholders will need
- Serve as a thought partner to product and finance leaders by conducting analyses into drivers of product performance using SQL ○ Candidates should be comfortable supporting stakeholders reactively as well as proactively driving recommendations
- Identify gaps/opportunities to improve our data warehouse, synthesize requirements to the Data Engineering team, and enable stakeholders to surface new insights
- Take full ownership of reporting built through our Snowflake and Looker data, including the ability to run analyses in the Google suite of products
- Communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and transparently with cross functional stakeholders (including but not limited to Finance, Product Management, Product Marketing, and DIA) to build trusted relationships and rationalize, hone, evaluate, and prepare our stakeholders for changes in their business areas
- Answer business questions through independent investigation / data forensics
Job requirements: (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics roles and/or Bachelor's degree in an advanced quantitative field (or equivalent experience); such as mathematics, economics/finance, computer science, or physical science
- Experience with data visualization. Can confidently choose the best visualization style for the given context; the insights from your visualizations speak for themselves
- SQL (Structured Query Language) expert
- Ability to clearly communicate findings to a range of audiences
- Ability to efficiently analyze large volumes of data, quickly draw insights, and present concise/clear recommendations of results
- Experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc), SAS, Stata, or R Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Background building interactive dashboards in a tool such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, SiSense, etc
- Experience with data engineering and ability to navigate new data sourcesIdentify operational inefficiencies, data quality issues, and behavioral trends.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?