Software Engineer II SDET
Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET-II)
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is scaling rapidly and with that growth comes an exciting new opportunity to join our organization in Bangalore R&D center. Toast is looking for a Software engineer in Test -II to embed in our point-of-sale engineering teams that are building next generation POS capabilities for restaurants around the world. You will be part of Toast’s Technology Foundations organization, and be part of a matrixed team whose priority is to support holistic testing for our point-of-sale, including enhancing an existing Selenium/Appium-based framework and building out an Espresso powered framework; these frameworks will support both your embedded team as well as other teams working on our point-of-sale application. You will partner with Android feature teams developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and other engineers in test.
We are looking for an engineer with a good understanding of Android application development, its components, hands on experience with Java + Kotlin and testing using tools such as Espresso, Selenium / Appium.
If you want to build scalable and reusable automated testing solutions that will be used every day by multiple engineers to increase our efficiency and take on the challenge of delivering high quality innovative mobile features, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Quality mindset and passionate about writing test automation code.
- Individual contributor working in collaboration with peer SDETs, QA Engineers, product, design, development engineers of Toast to refine requirements.
- For all product areas of responsibility, ensure adequate automated functional test coverage at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Partner with our Test Infrastructure team and other people working on automation to create, learn and refine, best practices for testing.
- Troubleshoot server, application, and cloud performance and infrastructure issues.
- Heavily involved in writing and reviewing code for test automation.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in object-oriented languages, preferably Java or Kotlin.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Android Development, Espresso, Selenium/Appium based frameworks.
- Passionate about building great software and creating high quality products.
- Proficient in Software Development best practices.
- Excellent cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble.
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and continuous improvement of yourself and your team.
- You have a bias for action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect.
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- A core of Java & Kotlin-based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
- Bread puns are encouraged but not required.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?