Staff Software Engineer, Fintech
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to take responsibility for building new, innovative FinTech capabilities. As well as providing a cutting edge point of sale system for restaurants, Toast also processes billions of dollars of payments, and offers best-in-class financial service solutions to our customers. As we build new solutions to meet the needs of our customers, we are also focused on optimising for extensibility, resilience and scalability, using continuous delivery tools & methodology. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Staff Software Engineer on our team, you will:
- Design mission critical platform components at scale to enable Toasts settlements platform to consistently process restaurants credit card payouts in a timely and seamless manner
- Develop an expert understanding of Toast’s payments processing platform to seamlessly integrate the solution into related FinTech offerings, e.g. lending
- Document solution design, write & review code, test and rollout solutions to production, capturing & actioning customer feedback to iteratively enhance customer experience
- Collaborate with peers to optimise for solution design performance, flexibility and scalable, including enablement of multi-product & engineering teams on a common framework & platform
- Collaborate with UX, Product Management, QA and partner engineering teams to build best-in-class solutions in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Champion best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with continuous delivery of high quality, reliable and scalable services to production
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience leading the build and scale of mission critical platform components
- Experience of tackling complex and ambiguous problems, communicate clearly with others to solve the problem, and share knowledge to help the whole team succeed
- Proficient in balancing getting things done with platform stability
- Passionate about writing awesome code and delivering impactful scalable solutions
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?