Software Engineering Manager II
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are looking for a strong Engineering Manager, ideally experienced in API management, who can organize the work for predictable execution while maintaining performance SLOs with existing and next gen event driven infrastructure. The primary charter for this role would be to work with the architects and engineers to ensure successful development and deployment of the employee API, focus on migration and adoption of this API, followed by efficient and predictable release stabilization and reducing toil involved in release management while upholding the SLOs with internal and external consumers
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead a diverse team that continuously ships features and diligently measures the results.
- Influence product direction through technical insights.
- Inspire and manage software teams
- Drive cross-team and cross-organization efforts with predictable execution and results
- Keep product quality high in collaboration with QA and automation
- Coach individuals in professional and technical development
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- You have experience building SaaS products on the platform/infrastructure used to deliver them
- You have experience with building platform APIs that serve as Source of Truth for domain data to power services across multiple applications
- You have experience and expertise in breaking down monoliths into micro services and can solve for scalability
- You have worked on large scale migrations for API adoption
- Your teams are operating in effective software development environments including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
- You have a strong technical background with a personal preference for remaining technical.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- You have a servant leadership mindset and you subscribe to the Toast values.
Our Tech Stack
- Extensive AWS footprint: S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda etc
- A core of Kotlin/Java based backend services.
- PostgresQL and/or Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform. We leverage infrastructure as code and invest heavily in build, testing, and deployment automation.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?