Associate Manager, People Operations - EMEA
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. We’re looking for a People Operations Associate Manager to support and enhance the employee journey in our Dublin and UK offices (and beyond). This role will help continuously improve and build out new processes in the EMEA region, while supporting strategic initiatives and operational efficiencies as we grow and scale.
Toast is a global company with offices in the US, Ireland, India, Canada, and the United Kingdom. This is a hybrid role located in Dublin, Ireland. Minimum expectation for onsite presence is 1-2 times per week.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Act as the primary People Operations point of contact and support for the EMEA region by building strong working relationships with regional leaders, cross-functional partners, and the broader global People team.
- Proactively lead and collaborate on local and cross-functional process improvement initiatives that improve Toaster experiences, increase efficiency, and ensure compliance with local laws and customs.
- Coach, develop, and oversee day-to-day activities of the EMEA People Operations Team.
- Monitor volume and activity within ServiceNow and Workday, and balance workloads to enable the team to achieve service levels.
- Regularly review the team’s work to ensure process and regulatory compliance as well as a quality customer experience. Close training gaps and provide team members with ongoing coaching, development, and job shadows to enable them to build their skills and knowledge.
- Manage data accuracy, confidentiality, and integrity of employee information in our HR systems.
- Analyze and resolve escalated issues to ensure prompt and accurate resolution.
- Process employment authorization and visa requirements in coordination with Legal and the Global Mobility teams.
- Support employee leaves of absence in partnership with the Benefits Team to ensure employees have the resources they need to plan for their time out of the office in alignment with Toast policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory changes, and keep process documentation current. Train team on any updates.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a Human Resources related field, or equivalent HR certification.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in an HR department or HR shared service center.
- 1+ years of people leadership or supervisory experience.
- 1+ years experience with Workday or ServiceNow.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, including the skill to prioritize and handle ad-hoc requests including managing day to day interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize excellent judgment and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Exceptionally organized and experienced in communicating across multiple teams, geographies, and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to advise and influence.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of business ethics, reliability, precision and integrity.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Experience with benefits management and leave of absence case management.
- Previous experience working in a project management role balancing strategic projects with day-to-day tasks.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?