Strategic Finance Associate
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Associate to partner with various leadership teams to drive initiatives including business planning, corporate strategy, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be a thought partner to the our different Lines of Businesses and drive strategic decision making in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- Influence decisions by understanding the big picture combined with providing underlying deep financial analysis
- Define and build financial forecasts, dashboards and metrics that track business performance
- Support the budgeting and forecasting for Toast’s P&L
- Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and build/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional customers
- Assist in any ad-hoc analyses and deep dives into strategic issues to improve the collective understanding of risks and opportunities related to the business
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive decision making processes
- Continuously look at opportunities to optimize processes and models used, to provide more timely and relevant insights across our business
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of strategic finance, operational finance, FP&A, or investment banking experience at a high-growth tech company
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills. Ability to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, high attention to details, collaborative, and comfort in working in a matrix organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, and evolving environment
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Proficient in SQL
- Working knowledge of Adaptive
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?