Director of Embedded Fintech, Commercialization
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
As a Director of Commercialization on the Embedded Finance team, you will set the tone and vision for our embedded finance solutions at Toast. The embedded finance platform is an exciting new extension of the Toast offering, combining best in class financial products built for the restaurant ecosystem. This a high visibility opportunity with direct access to senior Fintech leaders and reports to the VP of Lending and Capital Markets. You will be responsible for driving and supporting cross functional strategic initiatives across a variety of stakeholders across the entire Toast organization.
The ideal candidate will have a love of solving complex problems, have a sharp commercial instinct, and be able to thrive in any situation. Success will also require an innate curiosity and an excitement to innovate within the fintech industry to help restaurants grow their revenues. We are looking for an influential leader who will inspire confidence, balance the qual with the quant and lead with both conviction and energy.
About this roll*
- Design/support and execute top priority embedded finance strategic initiatives as a business partner to the go-to-market and operations teams; working also with product, R&D, risk, data science, capital markets, legal, compliance, strategic alliances, business intelligence, strategic finance and other stakeholders
- Oversee commercial aspects of the strategic initiatives, taking into consideration market research, data analysis, competitive intelligence and customer experience
- Responsible for project planning, market research, data analysis, written output creation, and presentation
- Identify and address customer and stakeholder pain points across the embedded finance platform to create a positive and memorable experience for all
- Become a Toast embedded finance expert and keep a firm pulse on the embedded finance industry w/r/t compliance and regulatory environment with a commercial lens and broadly communicating trends occurring within the ecosystem
- Create compelling content to evangelize the understanding of embedded finance across all levels of Toast
Do you have the right ingredients*
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Lending, banking, or embedded finance experience
- Strong time management, organizational and relationship skills
- Executive presence with exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to design and lead multiple cross-functional initiatives simultaneously, working across multiple stakeholders
- Strong understanding and appreciation for the balance of innovation, risk management and product scalability
- Strong research skill set, ability to gather both quantitative and qualitative data to tell a story and create a compelling business case
- Prior experience in investment banking, management consulting or research
- Deep network in the embedded finance industry; ability to source unique enabling technologies and relationships
- Big data analytics skill sets, including the use of SQL, Python and other data programming languages
- Lead teams to higher-level outcomes; history of building novel products in Fintech
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?