Manager, Regulatory Change Management
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
The Toast Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management Program provides a coordinated, company-wide approach to identify, measure, monitor, mitigate and treat risks, while enabling the business to innovate and deliver quality products and solutions to serve our customers.
Toast, Inc. seeks a Manager to implement an enhanced regulatory change management process to identify, interpret, and apply new or changed laws and regulations that are applicable to Toast.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive global legal inventory of applicable laws and regulations (parsed at the requirement level) mapped to process, controls, products, and features. Liaise with compliance managers and subject matter experts to ensure global legal inventory continues to be comprehensive.
- Define and implement regulatory change management processes to identify when a regulatory change has occurred (e.g., through automated alerts), whether the changes are applicable to Toast (including establishing approval process for applicability), assess the actions required (e.g., process and/or product and/or control change/implementation, policy updates, etc.), and partner with responsible cross-functional stakeholders to communicate and share required actions to achieve compliance with the regulatory changes. Define roles and responsibilities in the regulatory change management processes.
- Monitor the status of the actions required for compliance and provide reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, Director of Enterprise Risk and Compliance Program, risk and compliance committees, and other governing bodies.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders (including Legal, compliance managers, product, and businesses) to ensure regulatory change management processes are followed and executed in a timely manner. Establish and maintain documentation/audit trail of key regulatory change management actions and evidence of implementation. Ensure changes (process, control, product) resulting from actions are captured in the enterprise process and control inventories.
- Implement technology and tools to automate regulatory change management processes, where possible.
- Monitor and track regulatory changes that impact our customers and provide updates to product teams to enable strategic planning.
- Identify regulatory change themes and emerging trends. Produce memos and educational materials on final regulatory changes.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a risk, compliance, or audit role at a technology (FinTech preferred) company.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations related to payments, payroll, employment and labor, credit, consumer, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulatory and legislative language.
- Experience with regulators and a strong understanding of regulatory expectations.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Leader with ability to drive action from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet firm deadlines.
- JD preferred.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!