Software Engineering Manager II
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
What is our Mission
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on our next stages of growth. As the business continues to grow, there is increased demand to enhance the enterprise level of support in the product. Toast customers who managed several restaurants a few years ago are now expanding their business and adding new locations. New enterprise customers are looking to leverage Toast technology to support the growth of their business in new ways. These exciting new opportunities will require Toast to bolster our product offerings. You will get to work across the entire Toast platform, including the partner ecosystem. As a leader of the enterprise Away team, you will help ensure that the product is being built to meet the new and expanding needs of these customers. Come and help us build this new team!
As the Away team leader, you will lead a team tasked with helping to deliver the most important features for our enterprise customers and directly impact Toast’s success. You love developing the skills of your team and finding ways to deliver features more efficiently. You help connect their work to Toast’s broader mission. You care deeply about helping the people whom you manage grow into excellent engineers and great teammates. You are interested in technical work, with enough experience to make sure that engineers are moving in the right direction. On a given day, you might be reviewing design documents and PRs, coordinating discussions between teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s with team members.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Help drive the operational plan and strategic roadmap of the enterprise solution at Toast
- Coach individual contributors for professional and technical development
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to help your teams get stuff done
- Mentor both new and experienced engineers in both technology and leadership
- Guide teams to build systems that will scale to the next order of magnitude of growth
- Track and ensure teams are delivering impact and outcomes in their work
- Drive knowledge sharing programs across the engineering organization
- Hire and develop new team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience writing, delivering, and operating software in a SaaS environment
- Experience mentoring and developing successful teams
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!