Revenue Accounting Specialist
Full-time Chennai, India
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is growing in India! In addition to our software development team, we are building a captive Finance shared services team. The Staff Accountant will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager and will provide support to the Global CAO organisation by posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and performing ad hoc requests as needed by the accounting team. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience working for a publicly traded company.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support the global Revenue accounting team by assisting with daily activities and month-end tasks
- Perform various month-end close tasks including preparing journal entries, balance sheet
reconciliations, supporting schedules, and flux analysis
- Run monthly and quarterly financial reports within NetSuite, Salesforce, and RevPro
- Provide accounting support to the organization for special projects, reporting, and analysis, such as audit support
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure data integrity
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures
- Propose resolutions for identified issues and reconciling items on a monthly basis
- Update process documentation as needed
- Provide supporting schedules and documentation to internal and external auditors
- Support new system implementations by participating in UAT for accounting processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Knowledge of revenue accounting standard ASC 606 / IFRS15
- Experience with cloud-based ERP/financial systems
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
- Overlapping working hours with stakeholders abroad (not entire night shift)
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with accounting/financial reporting at a SaaS company
- CA or CPA or equivalent preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!