This role is a remote position with a preference for candidates who are able to commute to our Boston office once a month. This team is mostly Boston based so candidates are expected to work east coast hours.
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
We are hiring an experienced Counsel to join Toast’s growing Legal team. As Counsel, you will lead a team of attorneys supporting company growth through negotiating contracts with vendors, customers, partners and other third parties. You will work with multiple teams across the business including sales, business development, procurement, customer success, hardware and other teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and provide strategic advice and counsel on legal issues impacting Toast’s products, business, and customers.
- Support the development and maintenance of legal resources and materials to aid business stakeholders in the development of innovative, compliant products and services.
- Work in partnership with other members of the Toast Legal and Compliance teams to leverage internal subject matter expertise and integrate it into applicable services, and commercial matters.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A J.D. from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school, and membership in good standing to at least one state bar.
- 6+ years of experience negotiating commercial contracts, including at least two years of experience in a corporate legal department, preferably in the tech sector.
- Prior experience managing a team of attorneys preferred.
- Strong business and legal acumen with the ability to: quickly identify legal and business issues; balance risks; and devise and articulate creative and practical solutions to various internal and external audiences in a time-sensitive dynamic and fast-paced global environment.
- Ability to work with independence, manage competing priorities effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with fast paced technology, software or fintech companies.
- Passion for collaborating with a wide range of people in a diverse and inclusive environment.
*We love a great bread/food pun
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!