Senior / Principal Technology Architect - Customer Success
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Reporting to the Sr Director, Enterprise Architecture, the Principal Technology Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architect, develops, and maintains Toast’s enterprise applications and integration solutions. This multidisciplinary role focuses on building scalable, flexible, and secure architecture to help our rapidly growing business thrive. This role works closely with the Customer Success segment to enable results, retention, and growth for restaurants and other organizations that use our services.
As a Principal Technology Architect you will:
- Collaborate with functional and business leadership to ensure balance between short- and long-term goals for the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Work closely with architects across teams to provide enterprise solutions that align with the needs of our businesses.
- Provide thought leadership in managing change by exhibiting knowledge of widely accepted architecture principles and cloud architecture techniques.
- Operate as a coach, student, and innovator readily willing to give and receive feedback, and exhibiting the skills and confidence to question the status quo as needed.
- Lead the end-to-end design and implementation of customer success solutions ensuring the alignment with business goals and the required architecture characteristics.
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating and selecting appropriate integration technologies, platforms, tools, and frameworks, while staying current with industry trends and emerging technologies
- Develop and maintain comprehensive architecture artifacts that clearly communicate design decisions, patterns, and standards to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Provide current state architecture assessments including the ability to identify and document technical debt and other risk as well as design remediation plans.
- Help drive world-class customer experience strategies by implementing cutting edge technologies including NLP, LLM chatbots, cognitive services, sentiment analysis, and other AI-driven customization.
- Facilitate architecture reviews including the evaluation of proposed Architecture Decision Records and maintenance of other aspects of the Enterprise Architecture Repository.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 12+ years experience in software development/engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in a software architecture role leading the discovery, design, and construction of multiplatform solutions in a mid-to-large enterprise environment
- Extensive experience with and thorough understanding of event driven architecture and other modern enterprise integration patterns
- Expertise in the CRM domain including knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Experience Cloud, and associated technologies.
- A wide breadth of experience in multiple enterprise SaaS applications and multiple domains like customer success, finance, and human resources.
- Exemplary collaboration skills including the ability to lead techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns around architecture
- In-depth knowledge and experience in performance optimizations and best practices for scalable platforms/architectures
- An extensive background in application development (e.g. Java, .NET, Python, or other modern development stacks)
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience in designing, building, and deploying services on major PaaS compute and storage platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Data architecture or data engineering expertise
- TOGAF and/or solution architecture certifications (e.g. AWS SAA/SAP, Azure AZ303/304).
- Knowledge of governance and compliance frameworks (SOX, PCI, ASC606, SOC, COBIT, data protection, etc.)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!