VP of Strategic Finance - R&D, Product & New Ventures
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is currently seeking a VP, Strategic Finance to lead our R&D, Product & New Ventures Finance & Strategy team. Partnering directly with our Chief Technology Officer, SVP of Product, and the R&D leadership team, the ideal candidate will bring strong strategic finance business partner capabilities, business acumen, consultative skills, and customer service orientation to advance performance, management capability, and efficient people process across the R&D organization. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading and driving finance business units in a technology-based organization, preferably with direct experience partnering with a Product or Technology unit, while personifying the values and mission of Toast. The ideal candidate is an inspirational leader who conveys the energy and credibility to accomplish our goals and the experience to lead and mentor a rapidly growing enterprise, as well as one who can lead by example and drive results.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Provide financial and strategic thought leadership supported by rigorous analysis, with a focus on business planning, corporate strategy, and capital allocation
- Partner with R&D leadership on analysis to inform strategic investments in product roadmap.
- Facilitate executive and board decision making by translating sophisticated financial analysis into actionable operational recommendations
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by building strong cross-functional relationships and developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including unit economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
- Effectively lead and develop a diverse & highly motivated and enthusiastic team to be strategic partners to respective functional leaders and drive thought leadership.
- Embed an inclusive culture where F&S team can thrive and benefit from continuous development through training and coaching
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Able to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics, develop insights and communicate clearly and succinctly to a different audiences (business leaders to executives)
- Ability to balance diving deep into the details to problem solve and operate at higher strategic level with long-term mindset.
- A great storyteller with ability to build and communicate clearly a vision and strategy, and develop and communicate a clear narrative behind the financials.
- Able to work cross functionally, adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Maintains the highest accuracy and precision, and someone who is highly organized and can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering and presenting at executive management levels
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset with a desire to constantly improve the status quo. Drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems to driving tangible decisions.
- Extensive experience building, leading and developing the FP&A function. Experience working with large organizations highly preferred
- Experience in multiple areas of finance is preferred. Ability to wear different hats and bring a holistic perspective to the role.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization.
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams.
- 15+ years of experience working in hyper-growth environments, preferably focused in SAAS company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; advanced degree preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!