Director of Engineering, Fintech
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
As Director of Engineering in our Fintech group, you will help shape the scale and growth of Toast's Fintech platform, handling millions of transactions across tens of thousands of restaurants per day. You will be responsible for delivering the technical roadmap and contribute to the product roadmap definition & execution for mission critical financial services. You will grow the skills of your teams over time. You love finding creative ways to help your teams become more effective & efficient. You will connect your teams’ work to Toast’s broader mission. You are passionate about customer experience and will work closely with product & design counterparts to validate and deliver the customer ‘job-to-be-done’. On a given day, you might be reviewing solution designs, coordinating discussions between partner teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive delivery of business outcomes across multiple teams, including planning and execution
- Collaborate closely with Strategic Business, Customer Care & Support, Fintech Operations, PM and UX to get actionable, valuable work defined for the team
- Keep product quality high with continuous delivery improvements in collaboration with TechOps & QA
- Ensure end-to-end delivery of software, including team ownership of monitoring and production issue remediation
- Incorporate advances in software technology into our solutions to ensure we make best advantage of industry best practices.
- Define & support career development plans for your team
- Mentor and coach both new and experienced Engineering Managers & Team Leads
- Grow teams to meet business needs
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- Experience with hiring and developing empowered teams
- Experience building and operating software in a SaaS environment
- A bias towards action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect
- A proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience and understanding of event driven architecture and other modern enterprise integration patterns
- Knowledge of governance, compliance (SOX, PCI, etc..) and data privacy concepts and regulations
- Experience of processing financial transactions including consumer-to-business & business-to-business payments, banking integration and bank account reconciliation
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!