Principal Software Engineer, Fintech
Principal Software Engineer, Fintech
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to take responsibility for building new, innovative FinTech capabilities. As well as providing a cutting edge point of sale system for restaurants, Toast also processes billions of dollars of payments, and offers best-in-class financial service solutions to our customers. As we build new solutions to meet the needs of our customers, we are also focused on optimising for extensibility, resilience and scalability, using continuous delivery tools & methodology.
Join us to improve our platform and add the next generation of products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Principal Software Engineer on our team, you will:
- Design and delivery the next generation of Toast's Restaurant Funds Management product offering enabling efficient aggregation, distribution and reconciliation of Restaurant's funds
- Document solution design, write & review code, test and rollout solutions to production, capturing & actioning customer feedback to iteratively enhance customer experience
- Collaborate with peers to optimise for solution design performance, flexibility and scalable, including enablement of multi-product & engineering teams on a common framework & platform
- Collaborate with UX, Product Management, QA and partner engineering teams to build best-in-class solutions in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Champion best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with continuous delivery of high quality, reliable and scalable services to production
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience leading the build and scale of mission critical platform components
- Experience of tackling complex and ambiguous problems, communicate clearly with others to solve the problem, and share knowledge to help the whole team succeed
- Proficient in balancing getting things done with platform stability
- Passionate about writing awesome code and delivering impactful scalable solutions
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!