Senior Program Manager, People Internal Communications
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. Our Internal Communications and Employee Engagement team is hiring a Senior Program Manager, People Internal Communications to continue cultivating a culture of connection and belonging across Toast!
We’re looking for an internal communications professional to guide our global Toasters through key People initiatives and moments that matter throughout their employee experience. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Internal Communications, the ideal candidate brings experience delivering communications across a range of People-related topics, including: Talent Experience & Management, DEI, People Operations, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards. They are comfortable with navigating ambiguity and also have a demonstrated skill for building cross functional relationships. We’re excited for this role’s functional support to expand to additional internal comms remits over time. They’re obsessed with organizational communications and editing, enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and love restaurants!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Use storytelling to deepen Toasters’ connection to our business, programs, culture, and each other.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams across the People and Places organization to communicate new and ongoing initiatives to our global Toast population.
- Lead strategic communication planning for programs such as performance, compensation, promotion cycles, benefits and perks, and our global employee survey (Refining our Recipe).
- Provide change management comms guidance for organizational, systems, process, and policy changes.
- Ensure communications reflect our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5-6+ years of experience in Internal Communications, preferably with knowledge of People programs.
- Proven ability to deliver internal communications for comprehensive People initiatives such as HR system changes, performance, promotion, and compensation cycles.
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrated ability to write and edit for a variety of audiences on behalf of partners, with speed, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience at a fast growing company with a knowledge of public company best practices.
- A proactive, go-getter approach to your work.
Special Sauce* (Nice-to-Haves)
- Knowledge of HR policies and tools
- Experience communicating with international audiences
- Knowledge of change communication best practices
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!