Payments Operations Analyst II
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Payments Operations Analyst II to play an integral role in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. You will be responsible for complex pricing analyses for existing customers, and for communication via email and phone with existing customers regarding payments pricing. You will also support the Sales team as a Payments subject matter expert by prioritizing custom payment rate requests, analyzing complex card processing statements, advising sales on deal pricing strategy, and communicating with sales reps in a timely and professional manner. Analyst II’s are also responsible for representing Toast Payments in cross-functional strategic projects, providing analytics support, escalating to management when necessary, tracking operational metrics and presenting to department leaders. Use of Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint and SQL on a daily basis.
- Responsible for effective internal and external communications including pricing enablement, rate negotiations, enrollment for new methods of payment and billing inquiries
- Become an expert in understanding card processing pricing including various market pricing strategies, interchange fees, network/scheme fees and other processing fees
- Perform complex payments pricing analyses for new business opportunities and existing customers, setting and/or approving processing rates which directly impact Toast revenue
- Support the sales process as a subject matter expert regarding Toast’s payment solutions in addition to pricing
- Manage and improve upon all operational processes that touch Toast Payments
- Support and partner with Sales Enablement on Payments education initiatives
- Support optimizing internal business operations for scale
- Use of Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint and SQL on a daily basis
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related fields required
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical or operations position, preferably with a customer facing component including communications via email, phone, and video
- Intermediate Excel/Google Sheets skills; ability to understand and work with complex financial models
- Solid experience working with large data sets and querying relational databases via SQL, and leveraging analytics tools such as Looker and Snowflake
- Experience preparing comprehensive presentation materials and decks for multilevel stakeholders across an organization
- Experience contributing to department level strategic initiatives from conception to delivery
- Demonstrated experience identifying potential process improvement opportunities to derive operational efficiencies
- Ability to identify and recommend internal or external best practices
- Excellent organizational, time management & verbal/written communication skills
- A great sense of accuracy and problem-resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- An inquisitive nature and a mathematical/analytical mind
- Experience in a high growth tech company
- Experience in deal underwriting and pricing profitability
- Experience with data analysis programming languages
- Experience in Customer Success or other similar client facing function
- Knowledge in the card processing and payments industry
- Experience building financial models
- Experience using Salesforce or another Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) and related reports and dashboards
- Experience with Hex
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!