Director, Payments Commercialization (Pricing)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Director, Payments Commercialization, you will focus on Toast’s payments pricing strategy and commercialization as a business partner to the Go To Market, Customer Success, and Product teams. The Director will be a key member of the team that will develop and scale pricing strategies to accelerate payments revenue for Toast. You will be responsible for supporting and executing payment pricing strategies across our customer base.
About you: You have strong analytical skills. You are driven and enjoy solving complex business problems. You are motivated to bring new pricing models to market. You are calm under pressure. You are excited to innovate the fintech industry and help restaurants grow their revenues. You have experience in Payment Processing and FinTech - you know the difference between bundled rates and interchange plus, you understand the different card networks, and you have exposure to various pricing strategies and operational processes. Examples of some activities are analyzing large amounts of data, conducting quantitative and qualitative market and competitive research, creating pricing models that will be used and implemented across customers, and partnering with customer-facing teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design/support and execute top priority payments pricing strategies as a business partner to the Go to Market and Customer Success teams; working also with Operations, Product Marketing, R&D, Customer Success, Business Intelligence, Finance
- Drive successful outcomes for commercial aspects of payment pricing taking into consideration market research, data analysis, competitive intelligence, and customer experience
- Build business cases for new monetization strategies and lead cross-functional efforts to drive the initiatives to completion
- Build a strong understanding of our product’s value proposition relative to competition and develop pricing and packaging as well as model pricing recommendations to drive pricing and packaging decisions for new products and price changes.
- Engage and support sales and customer success teams on pricing tests
- Collaborate with marketing on value messaging and programs for pricing tests and changes.
- Build and implement a superior customer experience by identifying and uncovering opportunities to delight
- Build Toast Payments expertise and keep a pulse on the Payments industry and ecosystem
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of Payment Pricing and exposure to payment pricing methodologies and strategies
- Knowledge and experience of Payments, the broader B2B payments market
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to structure and analyze financial modeling; experience in SQL and excel
- Ability to analyze complex sets of data and understand payment pricing, rate cards, and interchange
- Payments or fintech experience and previous payments pricing strategy work preferred but not required
- Ability to design and lead cross-functional initiatives simultaneously, working across multiple stakeholders
Do you have special sauce? (Bonus Skills)
- Strong time management, organizational, and relationship skills
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!