Capital Underwriting Manager
Manager, Toast Capital Underwriting
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready*?
Toast Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toast, Inc. that offers Toast restaurant customers access to fast and flexible funding for any business need. The Toast Capital team is seeking a highly-motivated Underwriting Manager reporting to the Senior Manager of Lending Operations. The Underwriting Manager will play a crucial role in establishing a footprint for the Toast Capital Underwriting team presence in India. This individual will manage the day-to-day operations with a high level of collaboration with many internal teams and Toast customers. Our goal is to continuously increase the efficiency of providing access to working capital with a growing variety of products. In this role, you will be an ambassador of the Toast Capital brand and proliferate Toast Capital’s goal to empower restaurants financially to thrive and do what they love. This individual’s efforts will have a significant impact on the long-term success of a rapidly growing product for Toast.
About this roll*:
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Capital program, including application pipeline
- Provide mentorship and coaching to a team of 3+ Toasters
- Proactively manage relationships with our cross functional teams
- Strong lending compliance knowledge with the ability to implement new regulatory requirements to ensure underwriting processes comply with industry standards
- Perform analyses and develop dashboards to provide visibility into program and team performance
- Identify, scope and project-manage process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing an understanding of Toast’s business model, the lending program, company goals, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 6+ years in lending or financial services
- Self-starter with excellent decision making skills
- Comfortable working with SQL/Snowflake/Excel/G-Suite/data visualization tools
- Ability to work under pressure and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong process and change management skills
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!