Senior People Operations Specialist
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our People Operations team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. We meet Toasters in moments that matter. By enabling the business with tools and efficient processes, we support all Toasters to thrive through providing a reliable and positive employee experience.
This roll* owns the execution of day-to-day activities to keep our people data accurate and up-to-date, directly impacting the experience of employees or managers and ensuring that business runs smoothly. An ideal candidate would have unparalleled attention to detail, fierce organization, and strong communication skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented person to join our People Operations Team. The Senior People Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations, tasks and projects supporting the People Team.
We offer a great opportunity to learn the full-cycle employee experience including onboarding, employee record management, process improvement, system implementation, and off-boarding. The Senior People Operations Specialist will be friendly and helpful, comfortable with handling highly confidential information and will know how to prioritise work and understand the balancing act of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
What you will do:
- Deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Enter and maintain employee information into our HR System on a timely basis, accountable for administration and data integrity and keep the strictest of confidentiality with sensitive employee information.
- Handle inbound employee inquiries via ServiceNow; identify needs, process necessary transactions in our system of record, Workday and other HR systems, and escalate issues.
- Proactively identify and lead cross functional process improvement initiatives; collaborate towards a more productive process that improves the customer’s experience.
- Flex capacity across People Operations to provide support where needed.
- Identify training needs within People Operations; provide support to newer team members through coaching, training, and job shadows.
- Manage a variety of special projects across the department with a focus on process optimization and scalability.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Do you have the right ingredients?
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented with strong organisation skills, the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks with tight deadlines, while maintaining impeccable attention to detail and accuracy. Additional qualifications are:
- Experience working in HR Operations strongly preferred with a minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of leave management processes preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise excellent judgment and ensure compliance with applicable state laws.
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS systems preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources related field preferred.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!