Manager, Revenue Accounting
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. The Revenue Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting and is responsible for implementing revenue policies, reviewing revenue transactions, and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Analyze revenue transactions to evaluate data integrity and proper treatment of transactions within the revenue subledger (RevPro)
- Collaborate with Legal, Sales, and Sales Operations teams to support non-standard deal structuring including approval of nonstandard pricing and contract terms and analyzing their impact on ASC 606 focusing on SSP, material rights, and variable consideration
- Perform technical accounting research and draft technical accounting memorandums to document accounting conclusions and positions
- Drive cross-functional projects; identify and document the impact of new products, programs, or system changes on existing accounting policies and processes
- Lead the design, implementation, and execution of key revenue controls
- Perform month-end and quarter-end close activities including the preparation of financial statement disclosures
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Lead special projects including transforming the revenue close process
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 6+ plus years of revenue recognition experience, preferably a combination of experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or related SaaS experience with in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting
- Strong knowledge of revenue accounting standard ASC 606
- Ability to perform technical accounting research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to synthesize and analyze large sets of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team members and supervisors in a clear, logical manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and at various levels within a company
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and RevPro is highly desirable
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!